Tuesday, March 6, 2007

WTF?!?!

I'm in self-destruct mode. Why? Damned if I know.

I've just managed to blow about 75% of my chip stack on a low pair. It was a bet that I NEVER NEEDED to make. There were overcards. The other players weren't super-loose.

WTF is my problem? Why do I blow myself up on needless chances?

And the weird thing about this is that I'm nothing like this in real life.

In real life, I'm the calm, rational one whom everyone turns to for advice. As a teenager, I was the 14-going-on-40 pill.

People are truly baffled by my interest in poker because it seems so unlike me.

And I'm not stupid. I have several advanced degrees from prestigious universities. One thing people always say about me is that I'm smart. (Okay, so perhaps I'm a tad overrated, but I'm not an idiot.)

Nonetheless, I'm self-destructing.

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites