Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Tiger is Emerging...

Tonight wasn't a bad night, poker-wise. I bet aggressively, and it paid off. Unfortunately, I also played a couple of hands that I shouldn't have, which got me knocked out. However, I managed to outlast about 1300 competitors, so I was pretty happy.

More importantly, people respected my raises, which allowed me to carry out some successful bluffs. I established an aggressive table image.

Even more importantly (or at least equally importantly), I was pretty good at "reading" players based on their betting patterns. Since I'm playing online, I don't have any physical tells to rely on, but I'm developing a good sense of recognizing when a player is likely bluffing versus really having me beat.

The tiger within me is finally coming out to play, and that's doing me nothing but good...

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites