Friday, December 22, 2006

What the Hell is this Blog About?

Well, poker, of course. I've been wanting to learn how to play poker for years, but the people I know generally don't play poker. They're over-educated, uptight, socially conservative people who certainly don't do anything like play poker.

But I figure I'm not getting any younger, and my interest has never waned, so now I've decided to act on it. Being the studious geek that I am, I bought several books on poker and have even started playing free games online. I went to my first tournament, which was hosted by a local sports bar, and... well... completely chickened out.

So I decided to start this blog- to keep myself honest. To chronicle my journey as I learn how to play poker, because after the debacle of my first "live game," I'm hell-bent on learning now. So here goes nothing...

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites